This report explores four key strategies companies can use to expand economic opportunity: 1) creating inclusive business models; 2) developing human capital; 3) building institutional capacity; and 4) helping to optimize the "Rules of the Game."
Case studies include:
1. Local Supply Chain development: BP in Trinidad and Tobago
2. Anglo Zimele: Anglo American in South Africa
3. ExxonMobil's National Content Strategy: Worldwide and Sakhalin, Russia
4. Mineral Yanacocha SME Linkages Program: Newmont and IFC in Peru
5. Expanding Economic Opportunity through Collaboration: Chevron's Angola Partnership
6. Diavik Diamond Mines Inc.: Rio Tinto in Canada's Northwest Territories